LathrUpdate #1
Finally moved in and settled down on the fourth floor of Lathrop. Moving was a nightmare, basically. Luckily, when we moved Mario's stuff (he's storing stuff for half the campus, I think) the elevator was finally available for use. Except, of course, for when we needed to move the GINORMOUS couch he, Eli, and I grabbed from the TH SWAPR and brought over to Lathrop. Which was also somewhat of a terrible, terrible ordeal. Eli took pictures instead of helping, so I'm sure you'll all see them soon.
In other news, my job is pretty much a joke. I have almost nothing to do. Really. No one comes into or sends anything to admissions until July, apparently. I started watching Weeds on Wednesday and I'm now on the fourth season. Almost all watched at work. Yeah, $8/hour for watching TV. Be jealous. But that does mean that people should come and visit! I have lots and lots of room!
In Joss news, the building has been fenced off and they've started work on the whole asbestos thing, but only on the west side of Joss. And yes, I got pictures because 1) I'm Jake Mars and 2) I wanted to scoop MadsVassar--suck it, Mads!...Anyway, here are the pics:


Love you all and I hope to see you soon,
Jake.
P.S. GO SEE UP! It's fantastic.
I love how apparently we've all been sucking in asbestos by the lungful allll year and they're only doing something about it now. At least now I have something else to blame for my future lung cancer [besides smoking].
and yes Up! was soo good. Doesn't outshine the likes of Wall-E and Finding Nemo, but MAJOR props to the level of imagination they put into it.
wait, when did we get asbestos??????
oh and i haven't seen up! yet but the trailer for toy story 3 is out, june 2010!!!
Nice pics, jamars. I agree with teesh re: asbestos, but I'd like to think inhaling all the carcinogenic fumes just made the bond between us all that much stronger :)
....what.
In other news, I want to come visit some weekend, maybe in July? Anyone else planning on hitting up the Vass around then?
Post a Comment