Friday, January 9, 2009

Stupid Stupid Stupid Developing Countries

So I just had the darkest loneliest 2 and a half hours of my life...literally.

We had a power outage. It sucks. They're common but ughhh I hate them with a passion.

So its dark out already right? and the stupid lights go out and my stupid phone ran out of minutes yesterday and my stupid computer ran out of batteries just like half an hour earlier and my mom isn't home. She's my fallback person! and she left her phone at home so I can't text her(god bless unlimited texting). So I text some of my friends..no answer. I call another friend on my mom's phone, he's busy. The rest of my friends have gone back to college and not even my 13 year old cousin is available cuz she's at the movies. I'm frustrated at that point and I can either huddle up next to my baby brothers to watch a Bob the Builder marathon on a portable DVD (tiniest screen everr) or sit in my room in the dark all by myself waiting for (a) the lights to come back on or (b) my mom to come home and either drive me somewhere far far away or keep me company. but no, no sign of either of those happening so I'm lying on my bed . . .soo bored. I realized that this suffering would never have happened on Joss 3 .. I mean loneliness is not an option thankfully.
2 hours go by..I'm still on my bed half asleep , half trying to fall asleep just doing nothiing at all. After my semi-concious nap which extended forever I got restless. Went downstair s, Bob the Builder...still.. Arghh. Can We Fix It? No, Bob, We can't . The lights aren't coming back on. Can you fix that?? huh? Didn't think so...
I go to the kitchen ... my maids cooking something under candlelight..at least she has some light..
She looks at me , tells me that she just made some fruit salad.. my savior. I entertain myselft with a jumble of pineapple, papaya, bananas and apples for a while. delicious, but it's over quickly. Darn .

I go back and sit in the living room next to Bob and his tractor friends. God, how I hate him.

My little brothers are very into it . and not at all paying attention to me sitting in the dark behind the glow of the 7 inch screen theyre watching cartoons on.

Its been 2. 5 hours.. How can I bear this, this darkness for much longer? But alas, a noise. THe sound of hope .. my mother pulling up to the driveway. Hooray! Company..motherly love.. call it what you will call it but at least I had some hopes of happiness now ..
So I leap over the couch run to the door open it and give her a biig HUG! yay mommy..
and of course as fate would have it, the minute she sets foot in the door the lights come back on.

Everything goes back to normal. Like nothing ever happened. WHAT?
what about my sorrow and frustration? meaningless..so I thought I'd vent to the people who I would want with me during a power outage anyways.

ahh..that was liberating ..im okay now..

:)
Also today my mom picked her first avocado 'crop' of the year. She's quite proud. yummy

I miss Joss immensely after tomorrow. My friends are like all officially gone. Stupid colleges and their shorter vacations .

3 Comments:

Tess said...

i miss you a lot and i'm sorry for your power outage. . MORE IMPORTANTLY will you bring avocados to vassar...sneak them through customs!!!!!! disguise them as children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joseph Brichacek said...

Ma'am is this an avocado?

HOW DARE YOU SPEAK ABOUT MY BABY IN SUCH A WAY!

Tess said...

...it's green...


NO ONE APPRECIATES YOUR RACISM

Post a Comment

Just Jossin' © 2008.

TOPO